Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm going to be a pseudo uncle!!!

My bestest friend in the whole wide world is going to be having a baby! Well...his WIFE will be having the baby, but he is most likely the father. (Just kidding, there's no doubt he's the father) I'm so VERY happy for them, a new life and all of the fun things that come with having a child.



This wonderful occasion has stirred a multitude of feelings for me. I am overjoyed for them, and for their new little one whom, based only on the ultrasounds, appears to be a miniature Charlie Brown. However, it also has made me wonder...how can this be!?!? When did I become old enough to have friends with children??? I mean I'm only...24!?! HOLY COW! When the heck did I turn 24?? My mom was 22 when I was born, so I'm actually BEHIND in my child bearing duties! Blech! I'm definitely NOT ready for kiddos of my own. In the words of Sid the Sloth, from Ice Age, "I choose life." Not a new life, my life. There is still much to be done, many crazy adventures to be had before I embark on that very crazy and expensive adventure known as parenting.



Nevertheless, this will be a very good experience for me. I will learn how people my age can be parents by watching my best friend and his wife, and 5...10...7 years from now maybe I'll be warmed up to the idea of having a little rug rat of my own. Yikes, gives me the chills! Obviously not ready yet!







powered by performancing firefox

No comments: